Well, welcome to my party blog post! I’m very new to everything to do with blogging, so when I found out about this blog party I was hesitant at first. My friend Kerry gave me the encouragement to go ahead with participating, I’m very glad that I did! Thanks Kerry! So, here I am participating in my very first Blog Party! Hello to you guys and thanks for stopping by! I have big plans for this blog and even though it doesn’t have much on it right now, I hope you will keep up with me because eventually it will!
I’m going to tell you a few things about myself that wasn’t listed in my about me. I hope you enjoy and thanks again for visting my new blog!!
Some things about me and my life:
1. My hometown I grew up in a very small town with a population of around 1200 people! My graduating class in 1995 had 38 students! I knew from a very early age that I had to leave this little town and go to the city!! : )
2. I served in the United States Air Force for 4 years. This was my ticket out of my small town. I joined to see the world and the military stationed me 5 hours away from my hometown! So, much for seeing the world! However, I met my husband (he was not in the military, btw) in this new place that the Air Force sent me so I always say it was fate that I was sent here!
3. After being honorably discharged from the military, getting a house, getting married and everything else that comes from settling down, my husband and I decided to have kids. However I was crushed after 3 years of actively trying when the doctors told me I would not be able to have kids without fertility treatment. That day was the turning point in my life, I accepted that if God wanted me to have a child then I would have one without fertility treatments. So, then I officially became what other people call me a hippie!
4. In 2005 I got pregnant with my first child because of doing tons of research on alternative ways to get pregnant. Still to this day I will find home remedies or alternative medicines to heal my family before rushing off to see a traditional doctor. My research taught me that child birth was not supposed to be the way the movies portrayed it to be. I believed everything I read and knew that I could have a beautiful home water birth without the need for a doctor. And I was right, I did just that and it was one of the best moments in my life!
5. I had my second baby exactly to the day 18 months after my first one! When my first baby was 2 I had this crazy idea that I wanted to homeschool my kiddos. I talked about it often and got mixed reviews from everyone, but started doing my own research about it. After 3 years of research, my husband and I decided it was the best fit for our family for me to homeschool our kiddos. So, in 2011 our family started the homeschool adventure and have never looked back!
6. Since we started our homeschool journey, I started reading a lot of blogs. This is how I got into wanting to blog. I have so much to say and if all these other wonderful people out there were blogging, then I could to. So, where did I start? I decided to attend a blogging conference, BlissDom. Thanks to going to this conference so many doors have opened for me and I’m so excited, actually thrilled to be starting this next chapter in my life! I hope you will join me on this next chapter, which is the blogging adventure! Thanks again for stopping by!