Say what? Ok, let me explain…this month in our blogger recipe challenge group, the wonderful people over at Rice Wraps decided to sponsor us. They sent us a good amount of their Slice of Rice samples to see what kinds of recipes we could come up with! And since I make roast, mashed potatoes and gravy all the time, I thought it would make a pretty good and different sushi recipe!
Also, I have to add I have never had sushi before or have ever made it so I am a total newbie to this. But Rice Wraps is leading the way by selling these individual sheets of Slice of Rice to let you make sushi anytime you want. This a new product that will be coming to a grocery store near you and will be located in the freezer section.
Slice of Rice is extremely easy to use, that is saying a lot coming from a newbie! When I think of making sushi, my first thought is that it will take a long time to make it. Good thing for the guys at Rice Wraps, now making sushi in the future will be a breeze! All you have to do is thaw out the Slice of Rice, cut open the individual sheets of Slice of Rice, roll with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!
Roast, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Sushi
- Mashed Potatoes
- Brown Gravy
- Slice of Rice
- Take your Slice of Rice out of the refrigerator while you are getting your ingredients ready.
- Place your rolling mat (included with Slice of Rice) and place it inside a large Ziplock Bag.
- Cut your Slice of Rice sheet on 3 sides and place the Slice of Rice on the rolling mat.
- Spread the brown gravy over the Slice of Rice.
- Next spread your mashed potatoes on top of the gravy.
- Now place your roast on top of the mashed potatoes.
- You are ready to roll now, roll your sushi up!
- Slice the sushi into individual servings using a knife.
- Drizzle some of your brown gravy over the top of the sushi and then....ENJOY!! 🙂